Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
Monday, June 21, 2010
Running is my therapy.......
Well I am happy to say I am getting back into blogging, hopefully it will last....I feel sometimes it may be a ministry and at other times just an outlet for my emotions.......I found this picture, up above, after I had googled runners. Running has become a passion for me over the last few months, I never realized how much of a passion it was until I sprained my ankle and was out of commision for about a month. I was grumpy and just plain ol frustrated because I could not, and should not run....oh believe me I wanted to run, but I think if I tried my husband would have had me committed! Anyways back to the picture, I was thinking about it this morning. It shows a woman jumping over this "city" I think for us, as women we feel that we have to be super woman and leap tall buildings and accomplish great things in our lifetime...while for others we may look at this picture and at "our own superwoman" and wish we could be like her....we feel inadequate to accomplish anything on a regular day. I battle with this, more so in the past, but I have realized and by the grace of God, I am not superwoman nor do I have super powers. And however how hard I try to be I always end up failing miserably. Having four children and homeschooling and being a wife, a help mate rather than a constant nag, has it's challenges......But I encourage you to take one day at a time, see what's important to you, really step back and examine your priorities......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad I could be an inspiration to you! Wow!!
Love this post! I agree that we often feel not good enough or we compare ourselves to others. All that matters is that we use our talents, that God gave us, to the best of our ability!
I've been learning more and more that God doesn't want nor require us to be Super-woman! His word promises that in our weakness, His strength is made manifest. So we need to embrace our weakness as an opportunity for God's strength to be made manifest, and quit beating ourselves up for being weak. Women who actually manage to keep up the Super-woman facade get all the glory themselves, and they're rarely very genuine. I'd rather be real and weak and allow God to get the glory! I love you, chica.
Post a Comment