Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
Saturday, June 19, 2010
It's been a long time.....
And how many times have I said this? I really have been "exploring" the internet and looking at different blogs....specifically running blogs. I have found that when you are passionate about something, the more you research, the more you learn and grow to appreciate what you are researching. Many of you might not know that I started up running full time in March. I had managed to get to 3 miles without stopping. I ran my first 5K and did a personal best and did not stop.....What an amazing experience! Shortly after I felt weak and weary, the 5K whipped my butt! Almost a month ago I sprained my ankle, imagine, me, klutzy me! So i had to take a long term break from running, which nearly killed me, emotionally! So now as I am nearing the end of my "break" I am able to start back to running full time on Monday. I ran a few minutes at a time, then walked today....making sure that I am going to make it come next week! After all I will start training for the women's half marathon in September, in Nashville. I am so excited! I am realizing that running is my therapy. I find myself getting lost many times, whether it be emotionally or physically or spiritually....lately it has been spiritually......So my talk today with God was to get myself back on track, because I am literally lost without Jesus.....It's easy to lose focus when everything is going great with your marriage, family, etc....the only downfall lately has been not being able to find a church....which therein leads to being lost......Well no more excuses for me, I need to be a light, continue to be a light, and instill that light in my marriage, wtih my children and in my community.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Moving is hard. Finding a new church in a new area is harder! It took me over a year once to find a church that fit me and my family. Good luck to you...God will guide you.
I hope you are able to get back to running with ZERO ankle pain!
Post a Comment