Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Friday, September 5, 2008

not alone

You know it's funny regardless of how many friends we might have or just how big is our support system, we still tend to feel alone. I was just chuckling to myself when I realized how many friends I have on Facebook, 140 some. Crazy......But I feel alone today, I have for the last few days. But I know that God is my sustainer and with Him I am not alone. I have to remind myself of that daily, especially lately......Daily right now sees more like monthly to me. But as a friend pointed out to me today, I am not alone in this struggle, God is directing my path. I am a woman based on feelings and emotions, so it is very difficult for me to grasp onto God and the fact that God is right there with me. I thrive on attention, as sad as that seems, many of us do I know. But when I have a friend there talking with me, hugging me, telling me it is okay, I feel better. I think God has pulled me out of my comfort zone for a reason, He wants me to grasp onto Him rather than running to others, to tangible things. So for now I will walk with "my head upward, one foot right in front of the other, and take one day at a time, with Him guiding me. Pushing me along at times I am sure, but I rest assured that He is there holding me up when I "feel" like I just can't take another step.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Amen sister....there are so many times when I feel alone too. I think ALL people feel that way, but most won't admit it. Again and Again....God reminds us to cling to HIM above all else. Little Example - two night ago it seemed that everything was going wrong and quickly. Denver was gone, Boston peed all over himself and the carpet, London is sick and screaming. I'm trying to clean the carpet when the bucket spills over. Now I have pee and LOTS of water to sop up. Things just kept happening and I was losing my mind. I tried to call Denver, my mom . . .EVERYONE ... just to get someone on the phone to tell me, "Oh I'm sorry. Things will be ok." But NO ONE answered the phone. In the midst of the craziness, God spoke quietly to my heart, "Amy . . . you only need me. I AM who you need in this moment. No one else."