Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The boogey man

God is bigger than the boogey man........As a good friend of mine put it and of course the veggie tales......................How many of us believe this? Of course we sing along with our children and laugh at the silliness, but you know what, as silly as this song is, it is so true. We must stand up for what we believe in. We must realize that what we are going through is a season, granted not all of our seasons are wonderful, but God has the ability to bring us through them. But are we willing to let Him, or do we just want to run and hide? He will prevail through it all, are we going to hang on to His promises? After many incidences over the last week, I have to say that He has gotten my attention. I have questioned, I have pondered, I have wondered if I was doing the right thing, only to have God say, Knock, Knock? Are you there? I am in control can't you see that? Are you willing to lay down your life and surrender?
I am just so inspired tnite after reading my friend Angel's post. She is on the right over there of bloggers that I read. Go read her latest post and clink on the link to another amazing blogger to see what inspired me. I would link it but I don't know how. But it is a true testimony of faith and it will inspire you to realize that we are not alone.
As sisters in Christ we have to remember that even though we might not be able to fix each others problems or offer the best wisdom, sometimes the best thing to do is just to be there for them, to encourage them, to pray for them fervently. I know this because I am there girls. I feel sometimes that I am walking through the shadow of death, but I have to laugh at myself because I am at such peace with my circumstances right now it is almost scary. But I know that it is completely God. He has used so much over the last week to show me that my husband will be okay, my marriage will be okay, I will be okay, my kids will be okay. Just keep giving it to Him, surrender your life, die to yourself.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, your perfect love is casting out fear, there will be an end to these troubles..............O Lord you never let go.........You never let go of me...........And guys He really doesn't, oh how He just holds us. Remember the Footprints poem, He is carrying us, literally. Sometimes I don't know how I got out of bed that morning, we'll guess what, He was there. Sometimes I don't know how I drove to IN with my kiddos and said okay, God your will be done, but you know what, He was there. Sometimes I don't know how my husband's heart will soften, but God is there, slowly kneading out the pains, He will not let us go, I don't care what you all hear, He will NOT!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey girl. It was great to see you in good 'ol Plymouth. We are praying for y'all.....your deep faith and strength are amazing to me.