Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Sunday, September 21, 2008

jeremiah 29:11

I wrote out an email to my husband this evening, praying for the Lord to direct my thoughts. I still worry about how it will be received, but I am trusting God with it. It was a letter of encouragement, I felt led to do it......Anyways I was closing the letter with "our life verse" I feel that Tony and I were given that verse about 6 years ago from a couple that we are very fond of and who have such wisdom. Well as most of you know, the verse begins with, "For I know the plans I have for you, " says the Lord, "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Now that part has stuck with me for a while. And I have read the rest of the verses that follow in the past. But until today I haven't read them and thought really hard about them. Today I continued to read......"In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. "I will be found by you, "says the Lord, " I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land. " Okay, now I am not a bible interpreator. But for me, right now, those words spoke such depth to my spirit. Because right now at this point in my life, I am struggling daily....I believe that God is (literally) giving me the grace to get through each day with out falling completely apart. But to read.....You will find me when you seek me....I will listen......He is listening to me, I know this, I am finding Him in so many places! And I believe the end of that verse is for me and my husband. I believe that he will bring us out of captivity(this mess we are in) He will restore us, although it is a journey right now, and that He will bring Tony and I "home again....." I just feel as though we have gotten lost and I feel that we have drifted so far from "home" and I feel that Jesus in His almighty power and grace will bring us back. It could take days, months, years, but I believe in full faith that He will show us the way back home. So my friends, hold fast to the truth. Know that God is walking beside you in this journey and He knows everything about what you are going through. He will give you the grace to get through each day, although it may seem like baby steps....it will happen. You know at Christmas you see those signs...Believe( I think they mean in Santa Claus) But just think of the power of that one word, believe.......Just believe....Jesus is the name we need to call on, just believe, He will pull you through. And regardless of what is taken from you, realize that He will NOT be taken from you................................................................that there should be our hope.....and our comfort......

2 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

What a beautiful promise God has given to you. Continue to cling to it and to Him.
I was thinking about believing in church yesterday and was reminded of the scene at the end of Miracle on 34th St. The girl is in the back seat of the car saying to herself, "I believe, I believe, I believe,.." No enthusiasm, very glum, trying to keep her faith in Kris Kringle...and then she sees the house, and she's ecstatic, and she's so confident that it's her gift from him and then the adults find his cane....It's all about Santa of course, and I don't believe in Santa, but I was struck by how ho-hum our faith is sometimes, but we keep telling ourselves, "I believe, I believe, I believe," and we do, but it's hard because we aren't seeing any results, and then God totally wows us by keeping His word. I don't know if that makes any sense at all!
I love you, girl!

Kristi said...

It's so awesome when God speaks to you like that....what a gift. I love your life verse. I actually believe that is Jacob's life verse. When I was pregnant with him, that verse kept coming up whenever I would be talking to people about the little life in me. I have his ultrasound and 1 month baby picture framed with that verse. Cling to those words when God speaks them to you. He's showing you that he loves you! He's wrapping his arms around you!

I also loved the last post when you were yelling in the car...I laughed so hard at the sight in my head of this! =D