Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Okay

Just had to let you all know that i am still ticking! Somebody had asked me in a message today if I was okay....Kind of funny to me, no I am not okay, but God is making me okay. Funny how when one obstacle in your life is so prominent and then another hits you smack in the face.....But it pulled my focus off of me and helped me to focus more on someone else for that matter. Putting much of my time and energy into the life of one person that I dearly love over the last week, helped me to see this life is not my own. It is God's. It is how I choose to live this life that will matter. It showed me that the most important thing to hang onto is love. No matter how much you want to close the door, shut that person out, give up, or just crawl into bed and not get out. Love will pull you through. That love comes from God. He loves us so much and He longs for us to realize that and receive it. Why are we so blinded, why do we question Him? He has us here on this earth for a reason. We may not understand why we are here. We may not understand what purpose our lives are serving right now, but what we fail to realize is regardless of the season we are in, the state we are in, He has a reason. We may not find out until the day we are with Him, but we have to trust in Him. God is bigger than my circumstances, God is bigger than all of this mess I have created, God is faithful......It is well with my soul, I lift my hands to a greater God that we serve, It is well with my soul, I sing this as strong as I can, It is well with my soul, I smile through the tears because I know, It is well with my soul, He floods my heart with such peace, although it is breaking. He alone can mend it, He alone can mend my broken heart, because He knows what I need, He has what I need, I just need to reach out to Him, through the tears, through the pain, through the anxiety, through the sadness......It is well with my soul.................

"So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while. These trials are only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold...and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold. So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world." 1 Peter 6-7

2 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

I love reading the insights you're gleaning during this trial. These posts are so full of TRUTH!!! God is so obviously at work within you; keep clinging to Him and proclaiming His truth. I love you, friend! I miss you much!!!

Lisa said...

Jillian...
I read your comment on my blog and wanted to come over and let you know that I heard your heart and understand your thoughts completely. I am so blessed by your openness and transparency about your struggle. Please know that God sees you and knows how desperately you need Him -- need love -- and He is calling you to a place of surrender of those things in your heart only you and He know about. All your wants...all your needs...all your desires...He wants all of you. And you're right -- no human relationship, including marriage, is supposed to meet every need of your heart. If it were so, we wouldn't need God like we do. So when we finally get to that place where we are willing to let go of what our needs are and trust Him to fill them in His way, He will be swift and ready to do just that. You are His precious daughter, and His desire is for you to live in complete freedom that His truth and love brings.

I heard your emotion in the comment and want you to know that your life can be very different from the way it's been. It's never too late or too far gone for God to come in and make things right. He is a God of 1...2...10...100...million chances, and He is not only what you need, but He is ALL you need. He is enough for both you and your husband. And then some.

Cling to Him. Pursue truth with your whole heart. Open your heart and trust that He will hold it in His hand if and when you get hurt. He can be trusted, Jillian.

Much love and care!!!
Lisa