Saviour you can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save.....
Do you believe this? I believe this with my whole heart and I am standing on this promise tonight. This day was a new day for me, a new beginning. God is going to work in a mighty way, I feel it, I know it, I believe it.....Could be in a day, month, a year, I am not sure, but all the events that have happened over the last two days is showing me to hang on and not let go. This morning our pastor started a new series about getting real with God about our addictions. Addictions can be anything really, not just smoking, drinking, etc. But he asked us to think of an addiction that we have that hinders us from God. Funny, immediately I thought, can my husband be an addiction? Meaning, I have looked to him as "my god" and not God, I have put so much pressure on him over the years to get us out of our "messes" rather than put my dependency on the Lord. Which all of this resulted in a slow downward spiral....which I won't get into tnite. But I came up with worry as my number one addicition. As the sermon came to an end we prayed at the end and he asked us to raise up our hands as an act of surrendering our addiction to Him(of course all eyes closed:) I felt a release, a power that was of God, as if God Himself is saying to me in my spirit, finally Jill just release it to me, i will and am in the process of taking care of it....trust Me and only Me, not yourself, not Tony, not anyone else, just me.
That was this morning, this evening I went to a "mini" retreat with a friend, she had invited me. Well we sang the worship song, Mighty to Save, and another one I am not sure of the name, but the chorus which just kept repeating all through the night....."There is no one else for me, No one but Jesus, Crucified to set me free..." It would not leave my mind.....This whole "learning process" for me is too realize that Jesus is all I need, that is it. I have got to come to this realization. I have to. I feel I am getting closer and closer each day. I am realizing that I have no control, ultimately. He is in control. He can take everything from me and I will be okay, He is all I need. Look at Job! Am I any better than Job? Am I any better than anyone, no! So the worst can happen to me, yes, do I want that, no...But I know that God will protect me, He is all I need. Whether or not He changes my circumstances, it doesn't matter...He is all I need....Whether or not He gives me my miracle, it doesn't matter, He is all I need. Until I come to fully realize this and fully depend on God, I will get no where. People, wake up realize this now and not when it is too late, He is all you need. You will not live a perfect life, it is not about that.....He will deliver you, He will take care of you, He will carry you when all you have left is nothing.......He is all you need. Right now, I believe that my Jesus is all I need.
As sisters in Christ I am sharing with you my heart. My friend gave me a word tnite, I believe it is confirmation and I am going to share it here with you all...."I hear your cries, says the Lord, Your shouts and your tears. It is time that you speak that mountain down into a molehill. use your voice and authority in My name to release what the enemy is holding from you. He has no power but the power that you give to him. You have My power within you to cast him into the sea." So right now in agreeance with her I believe that this day was from God, all of these events leading up today just tossed into one. I am claiming that Jesus is all I need, I am letting go of doubt, and climbing up that mountain, whether it kills me or not. I am telling the enemy to back off, this is not his family and I will not, I will not stand for it anymore, he can seep in and feed me lies but I will come at him with "Jesus is all I need." Jesus is all I need and I see that now. I hate that it has taken me this long to get here, but our God is a God of second chances. He is mighty to save and He has saved me and He will save my marriage..............
Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
6 comments:
Preach it sister! Bless you Jill...He really is might to save! AMEN!
Thank you for sharing your heart, Jill. I know everything that you've expressed.
I love the song Mighty to Save.
Your references to the mountains made me think of Matthew 21:21-22 If you believe and do not doubt not only can you do what was done to the fig tree but you can say to this mountain "go through yourself into the sea" and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Now, of course, we know that God is not santa claus and we are not to treat Him that way. However, I do believe we are to approach His thrown with faith and belief that He will answer. If it is not as we perceived or think, then it will be MUCH better. The point is for us to believe and not doubt.
Have you read my post called "Master's Touch, Our Faith?" It's listed under Favorite posts on the sidebar.
There's much scripture and food to chew on in that piece of mine.
I hope you can read it and gleam encouragement for you today.
Blessings,
Paula
hey girl!! i had stumbled on your blog this weekend through those wacky witmers! anyways...i got the sense there was some big stuff going on with you! know i've been praying for you...i wanted to tell you that i know were weren't close way back when, but i'm here if you ever need a sister at anytime. i've had an interesting journey the past year myself - not like what i think yours might be but i have learned that God is mighty to save!
I love you girl!! I hear you're still struggling with your spirit. Keep searching in God's direction....Thanks for your transparent thoughts. They help me with my own struggles and searches!!
Sorry I didn't get to see you this weekend. It was absolutely crazy busy. We had family from Colorado and Vancouver in town for the anniversary party!!
Love you girl!!! Keep your chin up!
Amen and amen! It is amazing what God can do when we truly surrender. For years I have been dealing with a critical spirit. I can always find something to criticize, even at church. I've prayed about it for years and never improved. When we went to the Leadership retreat earlier this month, there was a time of confession, and I confessed my critical spirit. I confessed that like Miriam who had become leprous when she criticized Moses, I felt like my spirit was leprous as well. I don't know why/how that confession was more sincere than any other I had prayed, but at that moment, I know I was healed in my spirit. The leprousy is gone, and I am free from that critical attitude. It's amazing! God's timing is perfect, and He does hear our prayers. He is mighty to save and wants us to walk in the fulness of the gospel.
We can be confident that it is His will that your marriage be restored! It is His will that you and Tony would have a marriage that glorifies Him. We can pray with boldness and confidence, without doubting, in full faith that this IS His will and trust that HE will accomplish it in His perfect timing. Keep trusting, keep praising, keep seeking Him, keep surrendering! I stand with you, friend. Mountains bow down to the Lord of Hosts.
I know we weren't really close back in high school, but it seems like you're having a really hard time. I'm not much for God in my life right now, haven't been for awhile, but I've been through some things that seem like they might be similar to what you have going on, so if you ever want to chat, feel free to hit me up... (btw, my middle daughter has your mom this year and loves her!!)
Post a Comment