Many of you know that this is a difficult season of my life. I wanted to share with you what God has been pouring into my heart this week. It comes from James.
James 1:6-8 But when you ask, you must believe. You must not doubt. People who doubt are like waves of the sea. The wind blows and tosses them around. A man like that shouldn't expect to receive anything from the Lord. He can't make up his mind. He can never decide what to do.
I like this translation, although it might seem a little harsh.....I feel that God wants us to be bold and "ask boldy, believeingly, without a second thought...."
I catch myself going to that place where I think, I can fix this, I can fix this situation, I can convince this person! Well friends, I can't. I have been battling with this for years, and I do believe and pray, that because of this place that I am in, it was almost a warning from God. I believe with my heart that God wants me and I have been so unwilling to give Him "me" Am I willing to totally and completely trust in Him? Would I be so bold and trustworthy as Jesus was when He was tempted and resisted the devil?
Well right now I have confessed with my mouth that I will stop. I will stop fighting, I will stop challenging, I will give in to my Lord and Savoir, this is the only way to find true peace. I so desperately want this, true peace. So I am letting go, letting go of many things, not to list here, but just know I am completely and wholeheartedly giving this to God. I am listing this on here to be accountable to you all as well. Because I without a doubt am asking God for a miracle and I do believe He will give it me........I just need to trust Him. Am I willing to do that, yes........I want to be released from all of this madness and know that my joy and peace can only come from the Lord......
Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
2 comments:
I am praying! It is so good to see you clinging to God's Word, learning from it, growing, surrendering, that's exactly where you need to be, where all of us need to be. Keep on, friend! I love you!!!
I really needed that verse from James today. I've had to ask God for alot of strength recently. I know he's there, but I doubt that he can heal my bigger request. I must believe!! thank you!!
Post a Comment