My husband says to me today, "have you been playing the piano?" I say, "yes, why?" "I want you to play more, I love listening to you play. " Is that a hint from God or what????
All of my life I have played piano, or least since I was nine. I had a piano in my house growing up, took lessons all through high school, even in college!! Well when I left home, my piano did not go with me. Unfortunately I missed playing the piano and had to adapt to a keyboard.
Time passed, I hadn't played for quite a while, until a few years later I played on the worship team in FL. I loved it, a new experience for me. I learned how to play chords, considering I had always read music and not learned chords. This actually was better for me because it takes a lot of practice for me when I am having to read music. Then we left FL and I parted with the piano for while, until we were in Louisiana last year. Again I was recruited for the worship team, I loved this!!! I was able to play at our first women's conference and the Lord actually gave me a song. He has never done that before, very moving for me I must say.
So yes you guessed it, we moved AGAIN. And the piano was put on the back burner. But just recently a friend of mine gave me some good advice, to play the piano and sing when I am feeling down. Because it has really been a rough year for us here. So I took her advice. I have been playing more. My goal is to go through all of my old practice books and tackle those classical pieces. But to focus on my worship music as well. To experience God in a new way. So pray for me and we will see where God leads me. My desire is to sing and play piano, there is just something about doing this that is freeing for me.
Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
2 comments:
awww, that's great that you can do something that you lose yourself in! So glad you decided to do the "blog" thing. I just started one too! Watch mine and I'll watch yours!!!
Jill, you are so cute. I'm glad you're so into the piano and that you have found a way to worship God through music. Glad you're blogging. I have like....four blogs (recycling, family, prolactinoma, and hysterectomy). I try to separate everytrhing to help ME stay organized!
Post a Comment