Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Sunday, May 25, 2008

My LA girls

I know that I already wrote today. But I am sitting here thinking of "my girls" from LA. Gosh do I miss them. It has almost been a year since we left. But as my birthday approaches I am pulled back to this time last year. My husband and my friends got me good I must say. I was supposed to be going on a surprise outing with my husband that day. But the girls showed up that morning in my kitchen to sing happy birthday to me, accompanied by my "donut cake" with the DQ man on top of course. All the while I am thinking how sweet, they have come to sing to me and then I am off for the day with my hubbie. Much to my amazement they all kept a pretty good secret and informed me that they were taking me for the day and Tony was staying home to babysit my four plus two others! They were so sneaky!!! I miss them greatly. Terribly much!!!!!!! Definitely girls that I can count on, through the thick and the thin of life. Much needed prayer partners. I love you girls so much and miss you like crazy!!!!!!

6 comments:

Pendulum said...

We miss you so very much too! You'll have to start thinking of a cool idea for our first women's retreat next year... amish country? Seattle extravaganza? Vegas? Winter in Connecticut? So many ideas! A cruise maybe? We love you girl!
Christi

Kristi said...

I wanna come on your girls retreat!!!! It sounds like SO much fun!!!

Zoe said...

Jillian,
Thanks so much for posting on my blog. Your self described words take me to a picture of myself not too many years ago; always looking to others and things to give me the love, security and self-esteem I always longed for.
I lived that self destructive lifestyle for too many years and finally reached the point of seeing clearly into the face of our sweet Jesus. There all of my insecurities were transformed into the security of a lifetime and my low self-esteem was transformed into the Christ filled confidence I had always been searching for.
Don't seek your value and worth from horizontal and earth bound people or things... Fix your gaze on the vertical realtionship with the ONE who loves you perfectly and longs to fulfill HIS perfect plan in and through you.
I hope you will continue to visit me on my blog and continue this journey with the rest of us.
Joyful Blessings,
Zoe

Zoe said...

Happy Birthday Girlfriend!!!

Can you believe another year has quickly slipped away? You friend are so young; I have shoes older than you. HA! Sad but true!

Sweetie, I can hear the saddness as I read your words on my blog and I'm praying that you will make this new year an opportunity to begin a new life.

Maybe it's because I'm old enough to be your mom (really I'm 52) and partly because I lived in "The Land of Me" for too much of my life and I'm ashamed of "wasting" that time focused on me, Me, ME.

When I began to focus on The ONE who loves me enough to die for me my perspective completely changed.

Girlfriend, don't look to others FIRST to fulfill your dreams of love, security, worth. You know you will be disappointed. When you seek the ONE who loves you best, HE will fulfill those desires beyond your wildest dreams.

I have an on-line devo running June 6 on finding your worth in Christ.

If you don't already receive the free on-line devotions through Proverbs check out the Proverbs web-site to find it or visit my blog and I'll post it there.

I send you Ginorous Birthday Blessings!!
Zoe
P.S. Remember, the male brain does not think like the female brain. It can only travel one track at a time (poor dears) and CANNOT under any circumstances receive or process any hints.
You have to "train" the men in your life.
DON'T hint or wish they would do something in particular it will NEVER happen!
Simply tell them what you want and need. Both of you will be happy!

Tom and I have been blissfully married for 29 years and raised two sons. When I FINALLY understood this little piece of information and told the men in my life what I wanted and needed (within reason)our lives could not have run smoother.
Stop wishing and hoping; and start living in the light of the ONE who loves you BEST.

Roxie said...

Jillian, Happy Birthday!

I read your comment's on Zoe's blog. I'm so sorry for the difficulties that you are going through. I know separation is difficut and the uncertainty of it all is even worse.

Love your babies, and take care of yourself (physically, mentally, and spiritually). Then hold on to Jesus and his promises. He'll see you through. I know because he did it for me.

You're in my prayers. Blessings, Roxie

EEEEMommy said...

Hey, you! I found your blog. ;)
It was great having you here and I'll be praying for you this weekend.
Love you,
Angel