A quote by C.S. Lewis that really stands out to me:
"Give me your all. I don't want so much of your money and so much of your work. I want you. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half measures are any good. I don't want to cut off a branch here and a branch there. I want the whole tree down. I don't want to drill the tooth, or crown it or stop it but have it out. Hand over your natural self. All the desires which you think innocent, as well as the ones you think wicked-the whole outfit. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you myself, my own will shall become yours."
-god
Many times we are so comfortable on our own, living our own life, not recognizing who gave us our life. We wonder why we struggle so much, and yet we still want to fight. God just wants us to let our guard down and let Him take over. Much to my chagrin, I have learned this the hard way. I have fought and fought, but for what purpose, what does it serve, who does it serve, myself? Yes, myself, not God, but myself. Until we realize that we are helpless without Him things will never fall into place. Will we still have troubles, will we still struggle, of course. But we have someone waiting for us to hand over the reigns. In order to fly we need wings. One wing is the realization of human helplessness. The other is the realization of God's power. Our faith in God's ability to handle our situation is the connecting link.
So to sum it all up, let go and let God. He is waiting, don't make Him wait. Trust me, it's not worth it.
I do have one prayer request for those of you that read this: Many of you have heard of Steven Curtis Chapman. His daughter was killed in a tragic accident last night. His son was backing out his SUV and struck her and she is dead. These things rock your faith, sit unsettling in your heart, but our hearts go out to this family. We know God's ways are not our ways, we know He has a plan, we know that He loves us.............Please pray for this family to weather this storm and keep their faith on the solid rock.
Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
No comments:
Post a Comment