Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just plain tired, but resting in His strength

You know that you are hearing from God when you get a "full circle" confirmation. I believe that over the past few days God has spoken to me in little voices. He knows how to get to me. He knows how I am and He knows that I need the information right in front of me in order to get it. Although my situation looks bleak, I will not grow weary because I am resting in Him. He is giving me grace each day and He knows when I can't take another step because He is right there beside me reminding me, this too shall pass, I am bigger, stronger and faithful to pull you through.
Sometimes I just want to be sad, I want to question, I want to fret, but He steps in and shows me a new direction to go. I have to constantly remind myself that He is all I need. He is all I need. I feel like I am taking a big step here. I am making a commitment to reallly let go. I am backing off and leaving well enough alone. I am moving on to what God has for me now and what God's will and desire is for me right now. I will no longer worry about what I can't change, what I can't determine, because it does nothing but bring me down. I will trust the Lord. I will get out of the way completely and let the Holy Spirit work. It will be extremely difficult for me, but I feel that God is showing me this is the only way, I am the only way out of this mess. I am, He says......Jill you can do nothing but pray and wait and stand, stand with me holding you up. So I am not giving up, but I am letting go and letting God. Whether or not that results in my way being met, it doesn't matter, because His ways are not mine, His ways will be met, and regardless of the outcome, He will be glorified as a result. He will turn broken into beautiful, He will carry me through, whatever the outcome.
Am I tired, am I weary, yes.....But I am resting in Him. It is the only way. I have to rediscover who I am in Christ. Who am I and what does God see? What does God want from me as a result of my brokeness. How can I fufill His purposes right now, what would He desire me to do? I am going to find out.
Someone once wrote these words, " We all have only one life to live in which to live by faith in God, to trust in Him and rest in His peace when we are tempted to panic." And ladies, I am so tempted to panic right now, by letting go of what I hold dear. But sometimes you have to let go.....I can't go back and change the past, I can't undo what I have done and failed at. But I can accept responsiblity for my actions, I can repent to a Saviour is so willing to forgive me. I need to restore my life with God, this is personal, between God and I. Our lives are not our own. God gives us this life. "Life is not about finding happiness, it is about living a life worthy of the Gospel because of a sinless Saviour who died for us."
I can only continue to pray that God will work a miracle right now. I believe He can, I am in faith that He can. So I have to be willing to get out of the way and let God be God in this situation. I want to focus on His plan and not my comfort level when things get hard. I want to live a life that seeks Jesus instead of a life spent looking backwards. Lord give me the grace to endure this race..........................

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh Jill! I want to give you a hug right now. I hear your struggle. I'm so sorry.....But, you are looking and searching in the right direction. I just want you to know that I love you and I'm continueing to pray for you!!!

EEEEMommy said...

I love you, friend and like Aaron & Hur, I am holding your arms up; keep raising His standard high above you.
Power is perfected in weakness.
His grace is sufficient for you.

Paula V said...

Sweet Jill,
You know I know your pain. I've been there. I'm STILL there. I too am still just plain tired. I can so relate to everything you said here and all that you said on my blog. I question how can this be? What's the point? He's pulled me back into His path and shown me the right way so why can't He just restored my dead marriage and heal my beloved?

You've made a huge step to let go and trust God. We may never know His ways and His reasons for allowing things to happen. We know He is all-powerful and in control. We also know He gives each of us free will to choose and that means to choose the wrong way. Yet, I struggle, as I'm sure you do that since He's all-powerful why doesn't He just make things happen so certain people will make the right decision. We know that He wants us, His children, and those also not His, to make the right decision, to follow His path. I know for me, I struggle deeply with this because I know my beloved is a lover of Jesus and a follower of Him so I can't understand why God doesn't do whatever necessary to pull him back. It's only in my finite mind though. It doesn't mean our hearts' desires won't come to pass, but we must wait on His timing. We never know what will be right around the corner...that is why I'm so hesitant to give up...what if I give up right before God is to perform my miracle?

My heart is with you. My heart understands your pain.

Thanks for the visit so it would remind me to come visit you.
Sweet Blessings,
Paula