Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

new beginnings.....

I pray with all of my strength and might that whatever the outcome of our situations, regardless of how bleak and impossible them seem, that God would give us the strength to realize that He will, and He will, be glorified through it all. Regardless of the outcome....I was listening to a sermon online that a friend had suggested the other day and came away with these thoughts...."Great faith is not faith that knows what God is going to do it's one that trusts Him to do what is best." How often can we swallow that and receive that? We are not perfect, bad things happen to good people, but our God is Sovereign.....Are we willing to leave the result of our situtations to God, completely? Of course His purposes we may not understand, we may never find the answers, but God will give us a peace. He has given me that peace. Fight as I might, I know that I can not win this battle alone. I don't want to fight it alone. It is a battle to get up each day my sisters, but each day is new, and God somehow gives me the grace to "wake up and put on my makeup!!:):)" I am trusting Him, I am in faith and resting in what He can do. Whether or not He follows "my plan" I will still press on, for His ways are greater......
God is giving me new ways to find "me" again.....I was bold this last weekend and finally stepped forward. Ever since I have been on the worship team in FL about 6 years ago, it has been on my heart to continue in this...but we moved around so much it was difficult. I had the opportunity again in LA, which was the best experience for me. And then again in IL. That was really hard to leave, because I felt like God was showing me a whole new way to connect with Him. Well now, here we are in IN. The worship team is lacking a keyboard player, there is a keyboard up there but it has been unoccupied for the time we have been. So I finally asked about it, after much proding from the Lord:):) Short story, I went to my first practice tnite, and it was wonderful, God continues to show me what a big God we do serve. He is showing me that He has so much more to offer than what the "world" does......I am so blessed, so richly blessed, I know that my God is here with me, in this valley and through this valley He will continue to walk with me and show me His mercy.....I am submitting to His plan for me, although I am unsure of what is in store, I am fully surrendering to Him.......

2 comments:

TWitmer said...

Oh Jill...God is so awesome...yesterday during my morning prayer time, I was praying for you and God really convicted me about having faith and I felt very strongly He was telling/reminding me that so often we say we have faith for God to handle it, but we often think he will/can only handle it "our way"...He laid on my heart to remember that faith is believing God will take care of the situation in HIS way and still trusting Him with it, even though it may not go our way...I don't know if I explained that very well, but when I read your post, I just found it awesome that on the same day you wrote this, God spoke the same things to omy heart as I was praying for you! How awesome is HE? Love ya

EEEEMommy said...

I'm so glad you're on the worship team!!! God is faithful! Keep praising Him! I can hardly wait to see you!!!