Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jeremiah 29:11-extended.....

About 7 years ago, I quickly identified this as my life verse, Jeremiah 29:11. It was given to my husband and I by friends that we love and respect so much. Over the last few months we have been in a pit, now transitioning into a valley. Although I am thankful and forever grateful that we are out of the pit, it is almost more terrifing to be in the valley. But on to my point, last night this verse took on new meaning to me, because I kept reading....I have kept reading before but at this point and time in my life, I think I was specifically meant to keep reading in the New Living Translation bible.
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you, says the Lord. I will END YOUR CAPTIVITY and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land."
Now for those of you that are aware of what I have been going through you will so get this. God has been speaking to me for so many years, He has been speaking to my husband as well. But for so long, we just heard the beginning of the verse. But for us we needed to keep reading....Seek me, Seek me, Seek me....Not the world, not each other, not wealth, not happiness, but ME. O lord how I wish that I had come to that revelation sooner. You are so good to us, and we are so undeserving of your love. I pray, earnestly pray that the Lord would continue to open my eyes to Him. I get it, some don't, but I know that He will use me......He will end my captivity, He will end my husband's captivity, we are free, free in Jesus Christ. Hear this, I just have such a strong impression on my heart that we are free, so many of us are lost, but He just wants us to open our hearts to Him and be released. He has freed us, don't look back, move forward.......

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wow Jill! This is the first post in awhile that I can hear the hope from you. I'm proud of you and the way you are continuing to search God's way through your struggle. Praise GOd!!

BTW- how is the praise team going for you??