Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Food, my addiction, and how to overcome it......

I thought it would be interesting to title this "Food, my addiction, and how to overcome it...."  I would love to be able to answer that question and be able to tell you that I have dealt with and conquered that struggle.  But the truth is, I am living in that struggle.  I just read a friend's blog post.  She was open and gut wrenchingly honest, which i know was not easy.  So it inspired me.  I am inspired quite a bit.  I go down the road of, "I am going to change, I am going to do it this time" mentality.....but I fail, and fail again.  I know I need to get back up and keep pressing forward but it is not easy for me. After consuming one container of soft and fudge filled Chips Ahoy cookies in a day and a half, you kind of lose hope.....

 You have so many of those "people" that post on weight loss and how they do it, etc.  You secretly wonder, how do they really do it, do they struggle or are they really that good:)  I will admit I was a "guru" once and I was one to say, this works, it really does.  I still believe that it does, but I hate having to deal with food looking me straight in the face and saying you want me more, you are not going to achieve this goal of yours.  I think with the fact that I had gained 100 pounds in the last year while pregnant, losing 42 pounds of it in the first 7 weeks, now at a stand still....being over 200 pounds now, the heaviest I have ever been.  I can't stand it.  There are moments I feel good about myself, then I look in mirror sideways and am fully disgusted with myself.  The fact that I have been exercising daily, but I am completely exhausted.  The fact that I am an emotional eater and I am facing a few "stresses" at this time, all of these things do not help the situation. 

 Many will say, "Jill, you can do it, I know you can."  Uggh, it sickens me.  Is it okay to be honest here.  Like my friend wrote in her blog, many will not even read this, actually no one might, but the fact that I am able to get it out and write it down, should be somewhat theraputic.  So blogging will be my new "therapy......" 

2 comments:

TWitmer said...

You CAN do it Jill...and I know you don't want to hear that. Your life is VERY stressful right now. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are "fearfully and wonderfully mad" by GOD...give Him some credit. He is teaching you...be still and listen. And by the way...I STILL struggle with food addiction (she says as she plans to go get a donut to eat in the lounge). Love you.

Kristi said...

I know I have the food addiction too! If we buy cookies...I eat the whole package that day! I have NO self control. I don't even buy them anymore! But the cool thing I found, now, when we do buy cookies, it's such a special treat to the kids. They get super excited. So hey, a treat for 2.50 is a great deal to me! =D And I agree with Tricia, you CAN do it Jill!!