I have decided that blogging is now my therapy, since running isn't working so well. So with the possibility of moving up in the air, there is tension in our house at times among my children, especially my older two. Also the fact that since we moved to Indiana the plan was to discontinue homeschooling and put them all in public school. Kiara, who will be a freshman, had been asking us about highschool for some time, going to the actual school. So we talked about it at length. I was on board, for the most part, as was Tony, considering that Plymouth was doing a new "program" called New Tech, with about 100 students. This is a project based learnig program where the kids will not just be memorizing, taught to the test, etc...but working in groups and working in the community and on projects. More or less applying learning to everyday life, the real world, per say....
So the others were interested, and come to find out they are incorporating PBL in all the schools, slowly but surely....I was still a bit apprehensive about the other three going into school, but we decided this is what is best for them here.....
Well now we might move, imagine that! God is dragging me out of my comfort zone for sure........So I am not so sure about "public" school. I know nothing about any of the schools, it really depends on where we live, but there aren't any "New Tech, project based learning" schools out there. So we are looking at homeschooling. St. Louis has such a wide variety of "homeschool" opportunities that I would be silly not too.
But my wonderful children are not so receptive. So therin lies the challenge. I feel the need to convince them that this will be wonderful, that things will be different. Have I told you all that I hate change, absolutely hate it. I adapt well to it, but dislike it extremely. So this season of my life is full of obstacles and challenges and we haven't even made any decisions yet! Oh vey, but by the grace of God, I will know what to do, we will know the outcome when it is time. We may not like it or agree with it, or go willingly, but God will pull us through again......
Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
No comments:
Post a Comment