Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Daddy
"Do you ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro, do your ears hang low....." I can still hear my dad singing this song to me as I walk down the aisle, about to be given away to my husband.....in tears, trying not to cry, my dad bursts out in song, this song...growing up he would sing this to me.....he would sing this to my children as he danced around the kitchen with them. This Thanksgiving I am thankful that he will still be able to sing this song to me. My dad had a heart attack yesterday. The Lord decided to keep him here with us a bit longer, thank you Jesus for that precious gift this Thanksgiving.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Memories of a daddy are such beautiful memories, aren't they? That is such a sweet one.
I'm sorry about your dad's heart attack. My dad recently had one followed by a quadruple bypass. I'm very appreciative that he is still with us too.
<3
Thanks Michelle....it was just a shock to me, sometimes you feel like your parents are invincible and nothing will ever happen to them....
Post a Comment