Family is Everything

Family is Everything

He will fight your battles...............

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

~~thankfulness

This morning as I hold my baby boy close and rock with him in the early hours of the morning, I hold on a little longer realizing how blessed I am to be his mother. To be a mother at all, knowing that God gave me five of these beautiful healthy children. I am thankful that I am able to raise them up in sinful world, but God choose me to do just that, He entrusted me to instill in their hearts a love for God.....

As I sit and pray for husband, I realize how grateful I am that I was blessed with such a man that God chose for me, as my soul mate. Although He knew that we would face many obstacles, He delivered us from them and continues to do so......God has a plan for us and He enabled us to hold onto each other in the worst possible storm......He continues to grow a humble man out of my husband and I am thankful and completely amazed each day at how far He has brought my husband and what He has delivered my husband from......

I get to host Thanksgiving again at our house this year, 30 some people, in my house....how amazing is that.....I am continually grateful that the Lord has provided this house to us during this time. We are blessed beyond a doubt that we are able to stay here, considering the landlord is a true man of God and a dear friend of ours, who offers wisdom and love to my husband and family........

Shopping for food yesterday, another blessing.....the mere fact that I am able to buy the food with the means provided, whereas there are so many that cannot and will not have the luxury to sit down and enjoy a home cooked meal......

In my mind I go a little crazy trying to decifer what God is about to do in our lives ad-mist what is going on in the church, our living situation, and job wise.....but again am reminded that I have a sound mind, that I am able to think and feel and believe in a God that has saved me from so much....the mere fact that I am here on this earth to be able to walk through obstacles and trust in One who's plan is greater than any other plan I might come up......

As I think about my sister, going to her "father-in-law's" funeral, I am blessed to have both of my parents still here with me, parents that loved me unconditionally and fully and supported me wholeheartedly when they could have thrown in the towel many times.....

I live a blessed life and many times I take that for granted....but when I look around at the outside world, I see that I need to stop and thank God for everything, Everything, even the struggles and the obstacles He puts in my path....this just gives me more of an opportunity to trust Him and lean on Him.

No comments: