Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
Monday, August 4, 2008
Getting off my lazy butt;)
Well I have finally done it friends. After too long of a protest, not exactly sure what I was protesting, let's just call it "being plain old lazy" I have managed to exercise. I dropped the kiddos off at bibleschool and was so very tempted to go home, the house to myself, a luxury! Anyways I did not and drove to the park and walked the path and had a heart to heart with God. Which was so desperately needed. Why is it we get so caught up in ourselves that we lose focus. Oh I know it is normal. But I don't want to be normal. I want to be abnormal. I want to make a difference in this lifetime before I meet my Maker. Now how I am not sure. But step one, exercise, step two, quit worrying about what job am I going to have when the kids go to school. Step three, quit trying to control my kids but enjoy them. So little time I have I need to grab them and love on them more and play more, listen more..........Step four, quit being so me focused, focus on serving others and making a difference in others lives is definitely a step to get off my "soap box." As I was in pity mode last night, I felt Psalm 139 impressed on my heart, while all the while arguing with God, it wasn't Him telling me to read it. I finally gave in and read it, boy am I glad I did. God speaks to you, He really does..........Go read it, search your heart, let God speak to you, let God show you what He wants for you, not for what you want, but what His desire is for you. Be patient that is all I have to say, it's not easy, but I know that my God understands me, when I don't. I know that my God understands my situations when I don't. And remember He is not just my God.......He is yours.........Are you going to grab on to Him, don't worry He won't let you go........................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So how's the new job????
Great post. The other night, I was sitting at the computer and got completely overwhelmed by everything all at once, and in the middle of this beginning of a panic attack I felt compelled to pick up my Bible and go pray. So I did. And it was so good. And I wondered why I don't do that more often. I want to be abnormal too!
Post a Comment