So I did it, I managed to make it with no tears!!! Although as I walked my youngest into Kindergarten I could feel the lump rising in my throat, but I managed to shove it back down. I left with a smile and a wave, he was seated on the mat, ready to go! My first grader did just fine, I even got a half hug at the door! My fourth grader was nervous as we rounded the corner, but as soon as we saw her friends, a big grin spread across her face. The fifth grader was in tears this morning, worried about a slim few that do not like her, but we prayed and I armed her with scripture and pressed on. I know that they are my children, but I know that they are ultimately God's and they are in His hands and His protection is covering them. So I got the K and 1st settled in class, and then walked the halls to check on the other two, had to sneak a quick peak at them! All is well!
I came home, ran a little over a mile, an accomplishment for me, since I have not ran in a month! But I am back in the game and training for 5K race so we will see, then off to a half marathon. Of course I will get a couple 5K's in first!!!!
God is so good though. He constantly reminds me to step back and look at the bigger picture, He constantly reminds me how blessed I am, how I need to not be selfish and be thankful for what I have. I have to die to myself daily, sometimes hourly:):) But He is faithful and I know that I am a new creation in Him!!!
Tidbits from my life, filled with craziness, joy, laughter, and many emotions..........
Family is Everything
He will fight your battles...............
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
About Me
- jillian4
- Orlando, FL, United States
- I am a wife of 14 years, mother to FIVE, yes five amazing children, God has turned the broken into beautiful, I love running, almost an addiction, I love food, primarily chocolate.....
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you! You did it!! I'm sure it was strange to be at home with silence....what a great way to listen for God's voice!! Love you girl!! (I think I ended all my sentences with exclamation points....????)
Post a Comment